Something to Consider on Your, "OH CRAP!" gear...
A couple things you should consider:
- Don't fall victim to 'over packing.' You MUST be able to carry your load! Otherwise, Shelter In Place.
- Another few magazines of ammo.
- All Else - and 'all else' doesn't mean everything else but the kitchen sink. Try a poncho liner instead of a sleeping bag. Try a couple of old-school stainless steel canteens instead of a hydration bladder (even though I really like them). Try a canteen cup instead of a cook pot (remember, this won't be a camp out).
- Ability to Blend In. DO NOT try to go 'down town' in all your multicam clothing. You might want to have an old top coat (really faded), a zippered, oversized hoodie...old jeans...scuffed up boots, etc. Remember, dirty clothes will camouflage you in the sticks. You will be seen moving before you're seen because of your city clothing.
- Practice Moving SLOWLY. Not necessarily at night, either.
- PRACTICE your land nav. Above all.
- Practice escape/evasion from the location you're discovered at. Don Paul has an interesting take on it.
- If you're carrying a pistol, 2 or 3 mags, period. It's defensive. Your rifle is a better choice to carry for weight and ROI on each round expended.