Want to Lose Weight?


I am not a medical or health professional.  The following description is my own observation.

No magic pills; no fad diets.  The formula is simply a combination of two things:

1 - Stop using alcohol.  Period.  It turns to sugar and sugar turns to unusable fat.  Translate that to mean 'extra weight and girth.'  You don't have to be the subject of an intervention or have a DUI to decide not to use it.  You can simply decide, "I'm done."  Having something to motivate you will help you, though, if you're a 1 to 3 drinks per night person like I was.  The really neat thing is that you'll save a metric ton of money; near as I can figure, we now save about $300 a month by not buying alcoholic beverages.  I decided to do this on August 30th.  Haven't had a drop, and don't plan on it.  It's been 4 months now without a slip.  I lost 18 pounds from that decision, and sticking to it, give or take, over that time.



2 - Start walking.  A lot.  Indoors or out, doesn't matter.  On an elliptical, in a mall, or on the street.  Go as far as you can within reason when you're starting out, especially if you haven't walked a lot in the last 6 months.  You don't need to ad a ruck, either, unless you want to.  A light ruck will speed things up as you'll work your upper body simply by carrying it.  I dropped 15 pounds, give or take, since starting this on 5 October.  I was able to walk 6 to 11 miles a day.

Combining the 'I'm done with alcohol' with the exercise walking, and full disclosure, I dropped the remainder of my excess weight by not eating like I should when I had Covid, right at Thanksgiving (I do NOT recommend using Covid as a weight loss plan),

I weighed in at 196 the day I stopped using alcohol.  I don't remember when I hit my current weight, but the excess simply peeled off. 

I now weigh between 156 and 158, depending on what I eat and what my schedule happens to be.  My waist line went from stretching out a 34 inch waist to wearing 32 inch waisted pants that are almost too big now.  I eat what I want.  Your mileage (pun intended) may vary, based on your metabolism and personal habits.

Something to consider for your health during the upcoming sportiness...


Comments

  1. nah, i'll need that extra fat layer for the camps. skinny people die in the camps quicker. i'll still be alive when the army comes to rescue us, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me! I was at 196 and started eating a lot healthier, added exercise and cut down, not out, beer. Now I am at 158 but could lose about another 8 pounds of stomach fat which you're right, it is from the beer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome with the following proviso: Comments can't detract from the subject in the post. Debate is fine; 'hi-jacking', ad hominem, vitriol, 'sniping,' reprehensible language for the sake of it, and so forth will not be tolerated and get the offender banned. Once banned, there's usually no 'do over.'

Popular posts from this blog

Here ya go, Pete!

Beware of the Seductress...

PSA - Instant Incapacitation of an Attacker...